A Redwood Hill Farm Giveaway!
- posted on:
- April 02, 2013
- The Big Potluck
We are proud to announce that Redwood Hill Farm is one of our sponsors for Big Traveling Potluck this year. Located in Sebastopol, California, Redwood Hill Farm is a woman-owned and family-operated goat dairy farm that is Certified Humane and 100% solar-powered. Their goat yogurt, kefir, and cheese are natural, healthful, and free from preservatives, colorings, and stabilizers. Did we mention their stuff tastes incredible? But that’s not surprising. Dairy that is produced sustainably and that is as least-processed as possible can only be creamy, smooth, and delicious.
Redwood Hill Farm also recently launched a cow dairy line called Green Valley Organics which has lactose-free yogurt, kefir, and the best sour cream on earth (try it, you won’t disagree!). We’re looking forward to using their products in different ways, from parfaits to salad dressings, at Big Traveling Potluck. Make sure you connect with them before the event on their social media platforms and then in-person at the event!
Here’s more from our sponsor:
‘GET YOUR GOAT’ AND ‘HAVE A COW’ WITH DELICIOUS, ALL-NATURAL PRODUCTS FROM DAIRY’S DYNAMIC DUO: REDWOOD HILL FARM® AND GREEN VALLEY ORGANICS® LACTOSE FREE
Good for You, Good for the Planet, Good for the Animals, Since 1968
We are looking forward to meeting all of you at the upcoming Big Traveling Potluck and introducing you to our two great choices from a family business you can feel good about: Redwood Hill Farm® goat yogurts, kefirs and cheeses and Green Valley Organics® cow dairy brand, the first line of lactose free yogurts and kefirs to be available nationwide.
Each goat and cow dairy product made at Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery Inc.’s solar-powered creamery, in addition to being absolutely delicious, is also GMO free, gluten free, kosher certified and Certified Humane Raised and Handled®. The products contain no artificial flavors, sweeteners, coloring, preservatives or stabilizers. It’s all natural, wholesome goodness you can taste, from our family to yours.
One of you won’t have to wait. As an appe-teaser, we’ve put together a sampler of some of our most popular products for you to enjoy just as they are or as ingredients in a favorite recipe or a new creation. You will enjoy: Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Cheddar and Smoked Cheddar, Raw Milk Feta and our fresh and flavored chevres. For serving, we’re inlcuding our Redwood Hill cheeseboard and cheese knives. Kefir from Redwood Hill Farm (Mango-Orange-Pineapple) and Green Valley Organics (Plain) and the creamiest, most delicious sour cream from Green Valley Organics will also be included.
This is what makes Redwood Hill “a different kind of dairy”:
• Healthful, natural, and delicious specialty dairy products: All products are free of preservatives, coloring, stabilizers, and only 100% fresh milk and organic fruits are used
• Guarantee the health, happiness, and ethical treatment of all our dairy animals: While Redwood Hill Farm is the first Certified Humane goat dairy in the U.S., the single source cow dairy that provides milk for Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery’s new Green Valley Organics Lactose Free line is also Certified Humane
• Commitment to sustainability: Electric vehicle recharging stations; manure and straw/hay stems are composted or used as mulch around the fruit trees; reclaimed water is used to clean areas where acceptable
• 100% Solar Powered: Since 2010, two acres of solar roof panels have generated all the power needed to run the creamery; in 2011, their goat dairy farm where Jennifer, Scott and brother David live went solar too
• Support our contributing dairies: Family farm producers are compensated with a fair price for their milk
• Support the community: For over 30 years Redwood Hill Farm has donated to and partnered with youth and agriculture organizations, local health needs, and environmental causes in our community
• Honor and value our employees: All employees are paid a living wage; receive full health care for all employees and their families; employee reward program for new ideas for re-using and recycling that keeps everyone on the alert for new ways to protect our environment
• Demonstrate integrity: Commitment to fair business practices with all business partners
To win this giveaway, just tell us: Have you ever cooked with kefir? What have you made? For suggestions and creative ways to use kefir (a liquid yogurt that’s great by itself, blended in smoothies or used like buttermilk in recipes) go to Green Valley Lactose Free or Redwood Hill Farm.
For an extra entry (and pictures of cute baby goats!), like Redwood Hill Farm on Facebook here and leave a comment telling us you’ve done so!
Giveaway ends 12noon PST on April 15.